

We are home safe and sound from a most excellent adventure. And I absolutely loved Thailand. I could totally live there. I'm going to start throwing up a few snapshots at a time to give a sense of what kinds of shenannies we were up to those 10 days.Day 1: I spent my birthday (32 y'all!) on the airplane. The flight was 11 hours to Japan and another 7 to Bangkok. I arrived around midnight and when we got back to the hotel we went out looking for something to eat since my internal clock was so screwy (14 hour time difference). We got a huge bowl of seafood soup from a little vendor in the alley behind our hotel. I could already tell this was going to be awesome. In the morning we headed to the gigantic Chatuchak Market (aka JJ Market). It is enormous. Stalls as far as the eye can see. We probably only covered a fraction of it. Such good shopping, eating, and people watching. Complete with the requisite cart piled high with fried bugs on sticks. I even got to feed that baby elephant some bamboo shoots. The guy with the mohawk was barking something into that megaphone and oh man how I wished I could understand Thai!

1 comment:
welcome home miss chelsa! looking forward to more pictures and words about your trip. happy belated birthday!
Post a Comment